About Memorial Art Gallery Rochester
One of the finest regional art museums is the Memorial Art Gallery situated in Rochester. The collection of this museum is very old. It includes around eleven thousand works of art created by artists like Cézanne, Homer, Cassatt and Monet. These are part of the permanent collection. There are changing exhibitions, audio guides and special events also. Commonly, this museum is known as MAG—Memorial Art Gallery.
Exhibitions at Memorial Art Gallery Rochester
Two of the popular exhibitions of this museum are:
- Italian Baroque Organ: The installation of the full-size vintage Italian organ in MAG in North America created ripples throughout the country. There are monthly showcase recitals as well as student recitals. It is a feast for the eyes.
- Georgia O'Keeffe: Memorial Art Gallery is the place to display works of Georgia O’Keeffe. This is the extraordinary exhibition held by the museum. Indeed, this is the first ever exhibition of Georgia in Rochester.
Attractions at Memorial Art Gallery Rochester
Besides art and exhibitions, other attraction of this famous art gallery includes some of the following:
The Gallery Store
This is a very renowned store in museum as it has gift for every loved person and for every occasion. Whether you are searching gift for weddings, showers, birthdays or anything else, you are sure to get that ‘perfect’ gift. Some of the items of this store includes:
- framed fine art prints of MAG works
- glass artworks
- art books
- greeting cards, note cards and postcards
- Memorial Art Gallery exhibition catalogs
- original artworks
- regional crafts
- educational toys and games
This Director Grant Holcomb contains favorite works; around 26 favorite works for this Acoustiguide tour of the Gallery.
This workshop offers art and art history classes for adults, teens and children as young as 2 1/2. This workshop is generally held during winter time.
This shop provides exhibition-related items.
You can treat yourself to southwestern specialties at this café.